Sunday, January 24, 2021

Photography woes and Painting Progress

 Well, I've been slowly making progress with painting. I've painted maybe 5 BEF riflemen now. It was only after the fifth that I actually realised how to do faces at last, but the fifth looks passable enough in my opinion. I have however come to realise I'm severely lacking equipment to actually photograph the miniatures. Well, great, more things to add to the list to buy! It's not a cheap hobby, but it is very satisfying in many ways. I'm finally figuring out how to do highlighting, how to do faces, my skills have come a very long way in a short time. And whilst my miniatures may only just be tabletop standard, I'm proud of them. I've another 25 infantry to paint as well as a bunch of Frostgrave miniatures. I'll have plenty of practice at least! 

In all seriousness though, I may only just be scratching the surface in terms of paint skill, that people have had for a long time. But the fact I'm making decent progress really enthuses me to continue painting. 

Anyway, to end this post off, here's a picture of the rifleman. I apologise for it's awful quality, and plan on buying some daylight lamps as well as a camera box soon. 




As you can see, it's dark and not the best, but for me at least this is a corner stone. Proof to myself that with patience, painting at a decent standard is achievable, and I look forward to being able to do just that.


Hope you're all staying safe and making the best of these difficult times.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment